||Today is: Friday, September 30, 2016
During the 2003 session, the Legislature passed HB 861, which created the Mississippi Coordinating Council for Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems. The coordinating council is responsible for coordination of remote sensing and geographic information system activities within Mississippi. It is mandated to establish and enforce policies and standards that will "make it easier for remote sensing and geographic information systems around the state to share information and to facilitate cost-sharing arrangements to reduce the costs of acquiring remote sensing and geographic information system data." The coordination council's authority covers all local, regional, and state governmental agencies in Mississippi except for institutions of higher learning.
- Mississippi Preparedness Summit 2015
- You are invited to attend the annual Mississippi Partners in Preparedness Summit sponsored by the:
- Mississippi Emergency Management Agency
- Mississippi State Department of Health
- Mississippi Office of Homeland Security
- Mississippi Civil Defense/Emergency Management Association
- Mississippi Coordinating Council for Remote Sensing and Geospatial Information Systems
- Mississippi Hospital Association
- The Summit committee has organized one of the best emergency preparedness events of the year. We are confident you will leave knowing you have gained valuable knowledge that will be beneficial to you and your agency, and leave you looking forward to next year’s Summit. The event will be held at the IP Resort.